Friday, January 13, 2006

Jacob's Eye Surgery

Jacob had his strabismus surgery yesterday. It is to help him use his eyes together. Usually, when he looks off to the side his eyes go a little crazy.

The hospital told us to get there at 7am for 9am surgery. We showed up right on time but they had lost Jacob's chart. So they had to fill the entire thing out again. We got bumped so Jacob didn't go in until 11am. They great part is that no one bothered to tell us. We were just left in this room all by ourselves. When no one showed up by 9:30 I went to see what was happening. The nurse said, "Well, not all of his stuff was here so we had to put someone ahead of him." I said, "His stuff isn't here because you lost it." She was not helpful at all. I felt like I was at the DMV.

Poor Jacob hadn't been able to eat anything. He kept yelling for water and couldn't understand why his parents wouldn't give him any.

The surgery itself went well. He took a long time to wake up and devoured 4 popsicles before he got out of the hospital. We didn't leave until about 3:30. As soon as we got in the car he fell asleep again and slept until about 6:30pm.

After that he was wide awake. He didn't seem to be affected at all. His eye looks pretty nasty. All the parts that are supposed to be white are completely red.

No comments: