Sunday, November 18, 2007

More Notes from The Kids Trip to LA


Here is a photo of the kids waiting to get picked up at Long Beach airport on our arrival in LA.

Sunday we went back to our ward in Valencia. It was fun to see everyone. Brigham had gone to Granny Dot's church in the morning so he was very angry that I was going to make him go to another three hours of church. He was yelling at me an being very grumpy until he saw his favorite babysitter - Katherine. Then his whole attitude changed. It was great to see everyone again.

The kids stayed in California all week while I was in some meetings in San Jose. The kids had a blast while they were in California. They went to Kids Space, Disneyland, a movie and Jacob got to spend some quality time with Granny Dot's computer. Sunday night I asked Brigham and Luc if they were missing their parents and they both said no, they hadn't been there a week yet so they were all right.

I flew back Thursday afternoon, picked the kids up and then my Mom and I caught a red-eye back to DC. That flight was very easy. The kids passed out almost right away. Once we got home a slept for a few hours and then headed out to Richmond for the marathon I was to run the next day. There was a major wreck on 95 south so what should have taken 2 hours ended up taking about 5 1/2. It was awful. When I wen to bed that night I realized that this very long trip had started out Thursday morning in San Jose and gone through Los Angles, DC and on to Richmond to finally end up Friday night.

1 comment:

KickButtMommy said...

Greg, I don't know how you did it then ran a marathon! Holy cow. You make me tired.